Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 1

I did it! And I feel pretty good. Actually I feel full, need to learn how to stop when I'm full, no matter how much is left on my plate.

Ray and I stocked up on supplies last night, dry goods, spices, produce, the works. Then I spent some time cooking so I'd have things in the fridge for lunches and dinners. The first thing I made was hummus. Bangin' hummus, so much better than store bought. Why do people pay for hummus when it's way cheaper to make and doesn't take that long?

Then I made big servings of what I packed for lunch so I can have it on hand for a few days:

Nevermind, the photo won't upload.

So I'll just write it out.

I made a detoxing red cabbage saute. I sauted one sliced sweet onion in 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, then added to that a whole sliced red cabbage, 2-3 tbs apple cider vinegar, a little sugar and salt. Then about 2oz of water and let it cook down, covered on med-low, for about a half hour, then partially uncovered for another 20min. It's roughly 125 calories, 3 grams of fat and 4 grams of protein per serving. I love it because i feel like it cleans my body while I eat it.

Next I went back to my old faithful, quinoa salad. I cooked up 2 cups dry quinoa, then simply mixed it with 1 zucchini, handful  of cherry tomatoes and some green onion that I sauted in 1tbs of olive oil. 130 cal, 4 g of fat, and 5 g of protein per serving. For lunch, I added a dollop of my hummus to the top of the salad.

Snacks through the day were almonds and a rice cake with hummus. I know i need to be careful with almonds though. Yes they're healthy, but a handful is too much ;)

Dinner was a salad. I was hungry and tired and didn't feel like doing much, so I just roasted a japanese sweet potato, then mixed it with some spring mix, cherry tomatoes, some gardenia meatless beef tips and salsa.

Upped my water too so I feel soooo much more hydrated than previous days. Now early to bed as my son is still not used to time change which means frequent night time risings.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you are cooking again. I have always enjoyed your recipes. What on eart is a gardenia meatless beef tips? I guess it is the "meatless" and Beef" that get me. You made wonderful stews in the past and I loved your chili. Oh My, your pumpkin stuff...sooo good. Love your cabbage recipe!

    ReplyDelete