Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm back!

So, now that I'm still unemployed (hopefully not too much longer) and have internet, I have been cooking more. I made this pretty wonderful lemon pasta dish that I want to share and is taken from pioneer woman. I tweaked it only mildly.

1lb of thin spaghetti
2-3 lemons (one lemon zested)
parsley
2c sour cream (can use light)
4tbs margarine or butter
2tbs olive oil
4 garlic cloves
parmesan cheese

Boil and drain the pasta until you reach desired consistency. Run cool water over it until it's cold. In a skillet over LOW!!! heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Crush and dice garlic cloves and add to oil. Cook 1-2 min, add lemon juice of one lemon, turn heat off then add sour cream and mix well. Add salt to taste and the lemon zest and stir.

From here you could have a cold pasta by mixing the pasta, sour cream sauce then adding more lemon juice and parsley and put it in the fridge. What's nice for when it's cold is mix the pasta and sour cream, add half the bag of parmesan, cover with foil and bake for 15-20 min. Take it out, add the rest of the cheese, the lemon juice and chopped parsley , mix and serve.

It's so good. I ate it for dinner, lunch the next day, then snacked on it in between meals too. I highly, highly recommend.

ALSO NEWSFLASH: I fell back in love with bread making. I made whole wheat bread and it was oh so good. Once I find my stupid camera cord, I'll post pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment