Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Low Carb

So I sucked it up and went on a low carb diet. I not only feel better when I'm on this diet but I lose weight. I haven't really lost too much yet but I'm willing to give it a shot. The tough part though is finding stuff to eat. I get bored quickly so I've been experimenting. I've made some yucky stuff (broccoli, cauliflower alfredo. yuck.) but tonight I think I've made something decent enough to post. It was mostly all my idea. The can tomatoes have 3 carbs per half cup which isn't bad. I'm not sure about the squash but from memory it's pretty low carb.

Spaghetti Squash
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 16oz can diced tomatoes (i used seasoned tomatoes)
1 onion
4 strips bacon
chicken (i made a whole chicken and picked off what I wanted to go in the pan)
diced garlic to your liking
16oz mozzarella cheese

Get 4 strips of bacon going in one pan. When that is cooled, crumble it. In another, saute garlic and onion in olive oil and butter. Then add the spaghetti squash (just boil the thing, cut it down the middle when it's soft and cooled, spoon out seeds and pulp, then with a fork scrape out the squash so it looks like thin noodles). Salt and pepper to taste then add the tomatoes and juice in the can. Let this cook on low for about 10 min. Add chopped chicken and the crumbled bacon, stir well and salt and pepper to taste. Cover with the cheese then bake it in your pan, uncovered, at 350 until it's melted and bubbly on the side. I served it with a dollop of sour cream and Andrew ate it was Texas Toast. He got the better deal.

It wasn't bad but not great. I'm starting to quickly get to the "ugh, I'm so sick of this diet already" phase and I'm only a week in. Must keep swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment