Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cauliflower

I wish I had thought to snap a picture of this because it was so good and so pretty. I saw this recipe a few days ago, and even though I didn't want to make it with the nuts, I couldn't get it out of my head. So I made my own. Then added curry because you can never have too much curry.

First I cut my cauliflower into florets, seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne, then baked covered for 30 min at 350. While that was going, I worked on my sauce. First I made a roux out of 3tbs smart balance light and a could tablespoons of flour. Once that finished, I slowly added unsweetened almond milk, about a cup - 1.5 cups total. Then I seasoned that with salt, pepper and curry powder, added a nice handful of nutritional yeast and 2 tbs of tomato paste (might to a little less next time). Once all mixed well and thick like a cream sauce, I poured it over the cauliflower and continued to bake until the cauliflower was soft.

So good. It was even better the next day.

Go make this, you won't regret it.

Makes four servings. Per serving: 174 cal, 18 g carbs, 9 g fat, 8 g protein

2 comments:

  1. NOM! Did you dry roast the cauli? No oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! 1 tbs of oil over the florets, so it was a mostly dry roast aside from that.

    ReplyDelete