Friday, March 27, 2015

Almonds!

I've always wanted to use almonds in a recipe in place of meat but the idea always scared me. I don't know why, after trying this recipe from ohsheglows.com, I'm going to have to find other recipes. 

I loved it. And a small amount in a salad really goes a long way. Ray didn't, this is supposed to mimick tuna salad, which he already isn't a fan of. 

Almond "Tuna" Salad
1 cup almonds
2 celery stalks chopped
Quarter of an onion finely chopped
3 tbs veganaise
1-2 tsp mustard of choice
1tbs relish

Soak your almonds in water over night. They'll become plump. Rinse well and pulse in food processor until "flakey." 


Add remaining ingredients. 


Mix well and refrigerate for an hour. I loved it in a salad and it kept me satisfied for hours. 

I had some leftover roasted chickpeas that I added to mine. Pretty good!

Enjoy!

1 comment: