Wednesday, April 1, 2015

At home breakfast

When I'm home, I tend to like to make something a little more sustaining than oats. I usually do some sort of tofu breakfast scramble and add whatever vegetables I have in the fridge, which is nice because even when jack has had his full breakfast, he always wants some of mine. 

Lately, this one has been a favorite:
Southwest Scramble
1/2 sweet potato
1/3 red bell pepper
1/4 onion
1/2 zucchini 
1 cup of kale
I serving of tofu (I had left over black bean patties so I used one of those)
Chili powder, salt and pepper

To cut down on oil, I dice my sweet potato and cook it in a covered skillet in a little water. When it's almost done, add peppers, zucchini and onion and cook for a few more minutes. Add your protein and kale. In a cup, add 1tbs water with 1tsp chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over your skillet. Cook until kale is wilted. 

I added a little lemon tahini dressing and topped it with hot sauce and nutritional yeast. 

Good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. It looks good, just missing eggs and cheese...lol. Everything you make is good!

    ReplyDelete