Saturday, March 27, 2010

Brownies, the low fat version

So, I had a hankering for brownies but don't want to blow my ww diet. I also had no eggs and started looking for substitutions. Pureed black beans? I had no beans. Bananas? I had no bananas. I searched and searched and remembered Julie talking about putting yogurt in cake mix in place of the oil and eggs so yogurt it was. I opened and dumped out the brownie mix, then looked through the fridge and only had strawberry yogurt. So I put that in there. Oil? No oil, but not wanting to throw it away I used applesauce.

I made the most craptastic, heavy, chewy brownies that had an after taste of strawberries.

Next time I'll just go to the store for eggs and oil and have regular brownies.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, yea but I think the yogurt is really a good substitute for cupcakes...lol

    They did talk about using black beans at a WW meeting... One woman said she fed them to her husband and he kept saying the chocolate chunks didn't taste right....lol she forgot to puree the beans before she mixed it into the brownie batter..hahahaha

    ReplyDelete