Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to norms

So I'm back...unfortunately. I cannot express how much I loved being there. When I got off the plane, someone shoved me to move faster and all I could think was how he should slow down, but it's all cool. DC is just too wound up and tense, it was nice to be in an area that was laid back. I'm hoping the new attitude stays for a while because it's refreshing. Really can't wait to go back though.

The last night I was there, I may or may not have sang and danced to "It's Tricky" with the beautiful Lucky.


I am badly in need of a real camera or a phone that takes pictures that aren't so grainy.

Anyways, I'm off work for a couple of days, which has been awesome to catch up on sleep. I've also been applying to jobs which I hope isn't too painful. I'm asking my former boss if I can come back as a student for a bit, and if they let me, I can.....

move out this weekend!

(it's okay mom, you can clap)

But more on that later =)

Expect a recipe post later today because I found this at the grocery store last night:
I had an organic, prepackaged curry dinner with these in them and I honestly couldn't tell they were not real noodles. And that whole package has only 40 calories. I'm thinking of doing a pasta with tomatoes, olives, cucumbers and mushrooms, so when I get it together on this lazy, snowy Tuesday, then I'll post my results!

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. DC is way to tense. I would like to move somewhere with more laid back people... and maybe warmer would be nice. Heh.

    I LOVE shirataki noodles! They smell weird when you rinse them, but they certainly cook up tasty and are really noodley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you move out all the good, whole foods, cooking will go with you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I was NOT expecting that smell. But once cooked it was pretty awesome.

    I'll still cook for you when I can mom!

    ReplyDelete