Saturday, January 1, 2011

I miss my Whitney already

Welcome to 2011! I rang in the new year with my most favorite person and one of my favorite sisters.

Cass likes me more, I can see it

We dined in luxery with a burrito bowl from Chipotle (super yum) and had an L Word season 3 marathon. They were both with me because I had to leave my house at 3 am to catch a plane for…


San Francisco!


My job’s Annual Meeting is taking place at the Hilton in downtown San Fran this year, and I was not only fortunate to go, but because we are short staffed, I get to work this meeting from the 1-9th. The upside of being here this long is the first couple of days we’ll be done by 5 or 6 and we don’t start until 9am plus mad overtime,. The downside is the days get longer and more exhausting, so I should only expect to see parts of the city early on in my trip.

I am terrified of flying, so I was given something to help dull the anxiety and boy did it work. I didn’t sleep much but I didn’t care about turbulence or anything. I did get to watch “Social Network” and “Big Bang Theory” though.

First observation of the city is I love it. Gays and Asians everywhere! When I first landed, I got some juice from Starbucks, and the sweetest guy with a soft voice whipped the counter before taking my money and said with a wink “I hate working with it all sticky.” The city is gorgeous. I love the layout and the different color houses and the overall feel. The people in the hotel are another story. I’m assuming it’s because it is 11am New Years Day morning, but most have been snappy, short and overall rude. I’m very excited though about doing actual local stuff with a coworker who is from this area.

Second observation? Everyone is wearing Toms, cool boots or chucks. I’m wearing my chucks now but I forgot my Toms! Very bummed about this but I was limited on shoes and had to pick more work appropriate attire versus casual shoes. There goes me blending in, ha. I’d wear super cute boots but my calves are too big to fit into boots I like. The more I workout, the bigger they get. Also, everyone has a dog. This lobby is full of dogs. Makes my miss my Whitney that much more. I haven’t been away from her for this long since I went to Montana.

Speaking of Montana, we flew over mountains that were beautiful and snow covered. As much as I’m enjoying so far being on this coast, the mountains still hold my heart.

Anyways, here I am, watching Inception and waiting for my room to be ready. I didn’t think of the 3 hr time change, so I essentially wore my junkiest outfit on the plane, so unless I want to walk around the city unshowered and looking like a girl that came from a small town screaming “HEY COME ROB ME AS I CARRY ALL MY MONEY AND MY LAPTOP WITH ME,” I’m going to stay put in the lobby until I can change and lock things up. For now though I have this cozy breakfast and Joseph Gordon-Levitt to keep me company.

Newest obsession-bold roast with a little steamed soy milk. One of these days I'll drink it black.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely to S.F. Whitney misses you too. Dad let her out in the rain because she wanted to go. She came upstairs soaked and meowed at the door. Thankfully I was there and let her in and dried her off. At least it's not cold outside. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Even with work, it sounds amazing! I know you love the gays and Asians! Take a lot of pics when you get to and post them so I can see how awesome the city is! I went once when I was five, but that so does not count! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete