Friday, September 11, 2009

Avocado Feta Salsa

I found this recipe on Amanda.Fakeginger (one of the food blogs I read) and had wanted desperately to try it. Oh. My. Gosh. So good. I did what she did too and made a double batch. We ate it for dinner that night and for breakfast the next morning. I used less oil and vinegar than is recommended. I didn't use pita bread but instead I found nan, which I like better. Pita would work though. Or any crackers really, but I'll include what I used for the nan (or pita).

Avocado feta salsa
1 avocado
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 diced red onion
1 tbs olive oil
1tbs red wine vinegar
salt, pepper
3.5 oz feta cheese (one small container)
optional-chopped cilantro

Dice avocado, tomato and onion, mix in bowl. Gently mix the oil and vinegar, then gently mix in the feta. Refrigerate for at least 30-60 minutes.

Nan/pita bread
we used approximately 1 average piece of bread per person.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush each piece of bread with olive oil, both sides, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt (or powder). Cut up into a little over bite size pieces (roughly the size of a tortilla chip). Bake for roughly 10min or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment