Sunday, March 27, 2011

Soup Time


Last week I hung out with some friends that reminded me the importance of cooking. Yes life is crazy busy and yes I feel like I have better things to do, but honestly, taking 2 hrs on a free afternoon to cook meals for the week saves time AND money. Plus my body thanks me for it later. Soo Friday before work I did another fridge cleanout and made soup. AWESOME soup, if I might say so.

I really need a new camera. Or a phone from this decade. Anyways, the soup has everything in it. I started with water, then mixed in vegetable bullion cubes and some left over baby carrots that I chopped. Then I got creative and added my baby bok choy, snap peas and some quinoa I had in the fridge and was avoiding (too. much. quinoa). I then finished it with some white miso paste and curry powder. So good, so cheap and so filling!

So lesson is that I need to cook more often. This past week my lunches have been a larabar and an apple, which is okay when I'm out and really need to eat lunch, but it's not okay as a regular thing when I can totally prepare ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment