Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 3

I really need to get a better control of my eating when I'm home. After class I was starving so it started with a normal dinner that put me under calories, then branched out to mindless snacking. I did work on my alien project for school though, so last night wasn't a total bummer. I also went above my water requirement and did not spend any money yesterday, so both pluses on my side.

I also made roasted chickpeas. These I have to be careful with because I looove chickpeas but they are high in calories. So when I make them, I store them in single serving bags so I don't overdo it.

I love salt and vinegar anything. Since going vegan, I've really missed crabs and vinegar, so maybe that's where I've tried to substitute it elsewhere. Anyways, super easy, super quick snack.

Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas
1 can chickpeas
Sea Salt
White vinegar
Cooking spray

Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then simmer them in 1 part vinegar 1 part water for about 10 min. Drain, place on sprayed cookie sheet and roast at 400 for 10-15 min. Shake them every few min. When you take them out, sprinkle with sea salt while they are still hot.

I like my roasted chickpeas to be a little more crunchy, so just eye their color as they roast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment