Monday, March 12, 2012

Day......8? Yes? I think it's day 8.

My one week weight loss (weighed in yesterday) was 5.2 lbs. I know so much of it is just bloat and water weight but hey, I'll take it. Also, it's really really hard for me to not weigh myself everyday. I'm addicted to my scale. I typically weigh myself twice a day, but seeing how this is not healthy behavior, I'm weighing myself on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This way I can see midweek what it's looking like, and on Friday I have a reminder to not blow it. I've also worked out four times last week. Some of the classes I took really kicked my butt and I'm still feeling it.

I became a foster mom on Saturday to three babies. Three, three day old abandoned kittens. They are such hard work. I keep telling myself we just have to get through the weekend. When we get through the weekend, they'll be two weeks old and I feel like that's a huge benchmark. They'll be able to walk more steadily, it won't have to be 9 million degrees in Elise's room, they won't need feedings every 3 hours, their eyes will be open and they'll actually look like kittens. Until then, keep these babies in your thoughts as they will hopefully continue to grow and get strong and healthy.


2 comments:

  1. Cute kittens! Is that Why you asked me about kittens the other day? Unfortunately, I couldn't have taken one even if I did not end up with Penny. I have to have one that is 1-2 yrs old per the vet.

    Oh, and studies have shown (I can find a link if you reeeeaally want it) that people who weigh in every day typically lose more weight and maintain that weight loss better than people who do not because it keeps them accountable. They just have to keep things like water weight and normal flux in their minds so they don't flip out when it goes up and down throughout the week. :-) So feel free to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was why. So cute but Penny is a doll. She'll have such a happy home with y'all. And awesome! I will continue then to weigh daily =D

    ReplyDelete