Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SWEET POTATOES



I cannot get enough sweet potatoes lately. Japanese, Jewel, Garnet, any kind I just love them. I've been eating them for dinner almost every night for the past week. If I get home in time, I just bake them and pair it with a small green salad or spiraled zucchini and it makes for a pretty satisfying dinner.

I say that because this morning after feeding this CUTIE PIE

I had the energy to go work out, even though it was 5am and I had only slept 3.5hrs. I'm glad I went though, I've been really focused once there so I've had some stellar workouts. Passed out on the train though, so at least I got another half hour nap. But once at work, I dug around for my earbuds and found a sweet potato! I bought two y
esterday, and since I try to use as few plastic bags as possible, I stuck it in my bag and forgot about it.

This meant that I got to have this wonderful, happy breakfast:
Just one sweet potato cubed and microwaved for five minutes. I try to steer clear of a microwave when possible but eh, my work doesn't have an oven. To add a little protein, I paired it with 2 tbs of my left over, homemade hummus. I don't put oil in my hummus so it's a little thicker. Breakfast stats were: 203 cal, 43 carbs, 3 fat and 3 protein.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet potato for breakfast? You're so weird. ;-)

    Do you eat the skins? I never have, but I see them still on yours.

    I love sweet potatoes! I have some roasted with asparagus that I am throwing on my salad tomorrow! So tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always eat the skins, I love them. My favorite part of the Japanese sweet potato are the skins left over. That salad sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitty looks like Eddie Munster. I miss Japanese Sweet Potatoes.

    ReplyDelete